Project Implementation & funding :
Project initiated from October 2006
- From October 2006 to March 2010 – Funded by Maharashtra State AIDS Control Society (MSACS).
- From September 2010 to November 2015 – Funded by IL&FS (Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services).
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Working Area : – Kolhapur District
Services provided by PPTCT Project :
- Routine offer of HIV counseling (Group/Individual counseling) and testing to all pregnant women attending ante-natal care, with ‘opt out’ option.
- Ensure involvement of spouse & other family members and move from an “ANC centric” to a“Family centric” approach.
- Provide ART to all HIV infected pregnant women apart from WHO staging and CD4 count results.
- Promote institutional delivery for all HIV infected pregnant women.
- Provide nutrition counseling and psychosocial support for HIV infected pregnant women.
- Provide antiretroviral prophylaxis to infants from birth up to a minimum period of 6 weeks.
- Ensure initiation of Co-trimoxazole Prophylactic Therapy (CPT) and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID)
using HIV DNA PCR at 6 weeks of age onwards as per the guidelines.
Data (Period of Sep.2010 to September -2015) :
|Sr No.||Name of Indicators||Cumulative Achieved|
|1||Number of pregnant women referred for HIV testing
Number of pregnant women underwent HIV testing
|2||Number of pregnant women found HIV positive||525|
|3||Number of HIV positive deliveries
Still birth / IUD
|4||No. of MTP||62|
|5||Number of babies underwent HIV testing at 18 months of age||438|
|6||HIV positive babies out of above testing
No. of Support Group Meetings